Until now it has been very common to control the billing and accounting of a company with spreadsheets or softwares installed on a company computer. However, this way of working presents a series of limitations and drawbacks:
- It depends on the device where you have the local files stored.
- It does not allow you to work with the rest of your company colleagues simultaneously and collaboratively.
- There is a risk that you will lose information due to a breakdown of your computer.
- In many cases, the acquisition of these softwares require large investments of money.
Why use an online invoicing software?
In recent years the world of the internet has evolved enormously and with it, the possibility of creating cloud services. One of these services that can greatly facilitate the management of your business is precisely an online invoicing software. The advantages that these types of services provide compared to traditional solutions are the following:
- You do not depend on a specific device because everything is on the internet. All these cloud services perform regular backups that provide you with security.
- You will be able to work together and collaboratively with your business colleagues, as well as with your clients or agency.
- You can access the software from any type of device with an internet connection: computer, tablet, mobile…
- You can forget to update the software’s license, to be aware of installing an antivirus or to add RAM memory to the computer where the software is running.
- You will save a lot of time thanks to the automation of periodic and repetitive tasks.
- You will no longer have to wait for a technician to come to your company to solve problems or doubts. All of this will be resolved remotely and instantly.
What should you keep in mind when choosing an invoicing software?
If you are thinking of choosing an online invoicing software, first you should check that it has a series of basic functionalities:
1. Be able to manage various types of documents
For the correct management of your company you not only need to make invoices, but you will also need to make other types of documents such as budgets, delivery notes, proforma invoices, receipts or expenses. Check that the software you choose can do all the documents you will need.
2. Simple and intuitive
A software that is difficult to use is worth nothing. You have to attend to your business and all the operations you need to carry out to invoice must be agile and fast. For this reason it is essential that you are comfortable using it and for that, it will be essential that it be simple and intuitive.
3. All your business information in one place
It is important to check that all the information associated with your company’s billing can be stored in the same system. We are talking about your contacts (customers and suppliers), products or services.
4. Adaptable to your brand image
You have to verify that the chosen system can be adapted to your brand image to give a professional image to your clients. By this we mean being able to include your company logo, corporate colors, typeface, language, etc.
Also, think about the following … what if you could give your customers access to the invoicing software to view and download their documents? What if the interface is also personalized with your brand image? This is an added value that your customers will undoubtedly take into account and that will help you build loyalty.
5. Automation of periodic tasks
This is a key point if you really want to save time and work. Imagine that you have a recurring service to a customer for which you charge the same amount every month. Why make an invoice the same every month? Having the possibility of making periodic or recurring invoices is something important in this case.
If you want to know how your business is evolving, you will need to have reports and dashboards that show you the information as you need it. In this way, you will be able to know which products or services are more profitable, what taxes you have to pay to the Treasury or what your net profit is in a given quarter.
Nowadays talking about the internet is talking about security and therefore, you must make sure that the information you exchange with this type of service is done through the HTTPS protocol.
We hope we have helped you with this article to improve the daily management of your company or business.